My Haircare Routine

Friday 15 August 2014


Hair for me is a big thing. I love to take care of my hair and today I'm am going to talk through what I do to keep my hair looking healthy and shiny.





I used to use the Alberto Balsam shampoo's when I was younger. Since then I have changed up the shampoo I use. However I recently thought to go back to my Alberto shampoo and I completely fell back in love!! I'm going to stick with this from now on as it does exactly what it says on the bottle, deep cleanses the hair and leaves it really soft. They have many different scents which are for different hair types.

You can find this at Boots.




I follow up with a conditioner only on the mid-lengths and ends of my hair, I don't apply any to my roots as I have oily hair the conditioner would just make it even more oilier. I don't use this every time I wash my hair as it is a deep treatment I don't want to overwhelm my hair with too much conditioner. This specific one is for coloured hair, it leaves my hair feeling really silky soft. Great if you colour your hair a lot. Aussie have a range of products for different types of hair. 

You can find this conditioner at Boots.





After I get out the shower I like to use products that you leave in your hair that tame frizz and keep hair super smooth and shiny. This product is one I have been using for a while now and I am really impressed by it, It does exactly what it says on the bottle, eliminates frizz and nourishes hair. I pump out a small amount in my hand & distribute to the whole of my hair when wet.

You can find this Serum at Boots.




After the John Frieda Serum I apply this Aussie Smooth & Shine Milk. This is amazing if you want the glossy look to your hair. I distribute a small pump through the whole of my hair. It leaves my hair super soft and shiny. I think this and the John Frieda Serum work wonders together. I would definitely recommend if your hair is looking slightly on the duller side and you are longing for those glossy locks.

You can find this at Boots or Online.


Along side all of these branded products mentioned I do use natural products to keep my hair healthy and strong. Here are a few that I use on a weekly basis.

  • Any natural oil such as almond oil & coconut oil are great to nourish the hair and promote hair growth. 
  • Egg Yolk is great to strengthen the hair naturally 
  • If you have extremely dry hair a great one is to massage honey into your hair/scalp as this will lock in moisture, massaging it into your scalp will also promote hair growth.

Combining these products will make a great hair mask which you should try do regularly and leave on the hair for as long as you can.


Thats all for my hair care.
I hope this helped!

Thanks for reading 




No comments:

Post a Comment