My Makeup Story Tag

Friday 8 August 2014


Hello beautiful! I'm back from my holidays and back into blogging mode. I haven't done a tag in a while so I thought it would be great to kick off my blogging return with one! I seen Marie from Fascination Beauty do the "My Makeup Story Tag" and I really enjoyed reading it, I thought it would be a perfect way to get started with my blog again. I hope you enjoy reading xo


1. When did you start wearing makeup? 
I started wearing makeup around the age of 14/15 but at this time it wasn't a full face of makeup. Just mascara and if I was feeling really fancy maybe some lipstick.

2. How did you get into makeup? 
Well, before I even started wearing makeup I remember seeing my mum applying it and I'd always be in amazement of how it would make her look. After that, around the age of 16 I started watching Youtube videos, because I wasn't sure how to apply certain products I used to watch tonnes of tutorials and it really got me interested in the whole industry of makeup.

3. What are some of your favorite brands? 
There's so many I love, for different reasons.. my drugstore brand has got to be L'Oreal just because I don't just love one part of the brand such as just a foundation, I love their mascaras, eyeshadows, bronzers... along side that. Its really affordable and the quality of products are amazing. A high end brand has got to be Tom Ford.. The eye shadows are the absolute bomb.

4. What does makeup mean to you? 
Makeup is great, it gives me confidence to go out and feel like I can do anything. Its weird how a swipe of liner can make you feel like you can conquer the world! 

5. What do you think about drugstore vs. high end makeup?
I love both high end and drugstore makeup, I think both are good, for different reasons. Foundations and primers are worth paying more for as they in my eyes are what makes your whole look come together. However you can find great mascaras and lip products you really don't need to splurg on, Rimmel and L'Oreal do really great lipsticks for a fraction of the price.

6. What is one tip of advice you can give a beginner? 
One tip I can give a beginner is; never skip skincare. If you want clear healthy skin then don't think to skip. Don't make it a chore, make it a daily routine. Having clear skin will give you more confidence and it will also mean you won't have to wear as much makeup which is very beneficial for your skin. Try adding a serum to your routine, you will see a massive difference.


7. What is one makeup trend you never understood? 
This is a recent one, but it's drawing freckles on your face. I mean, really? faking that you have freckles, I find it really bizarre, is it just me?! I'll be looking at people with freckles from now on and just not believing they're real! 

8. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube? 
I adore the beauty community on youtube, I think its really fantastic. It's got more popular over the past few years. It's a great way to get yourself noticed, you gain many friends and you get to travel tonnes! It's a great way for young girls to become familiar with how to apply makeup etc through tutorials. 


And that's the questions guys! I really hope you enjoyed and learnt a little more about me and my crazy little thoughts. 

Thanks for reading 








No comments:

Post a Comment